Friday, February 3, 2012

Pinterest Drama!

I'm sure by now everybody has heard of pinterest in some form. If you haven't let me fill you in on what you're missing?

Pinterest is a social networking site. Instead of posts and such things, you "pin" pictures of anything really to pin boards. These boards all have different topics so it's not all smashed together as one thing. You can also follow people, and people can follow you back. It's just a nice way to look at pictures of things you admire and things other people admire. P.S....if you do join pinterest, try to only look when you don't have things to do, it's a time sucker!

So I was scanning along one of my favorite blogs entitled STFU, Parents when I ran across an article about pinterest drama. Apparently, pinterest user Anilu Magloire had pinned a picture under something that was quite controversial. Here's the picture
Pinterest is supposed to be a little bit inspirational and this picture seems inspirational that could be why the user put it on her board. However, this caused quite the issue. Many people asked her repeatedly to take this down. Comments made were along the lines of my younger daughter can see this, my teenager doesn't need to see this, blah blah blah. Anilu Magloire refused! Needless to say she lost a lot of followers.

I don't see anything wrong with this picture. Oh, it says a curse word. Well, if somebody's child was old enough to have a pinterest account, then I'd say they were old enough to cruise around on the good old Internet and this is probably tame to some of the stuff they've seen.

It's a happy picture and I know a lot of people who make this exclamation when something excites them. It's harmless. I don't understand what all of the fuss is about. If somebody doesn't want their 7 year old to see it, then don't look at pinterest when you're with your kids. Spend time with them, not trolling around for things to bitch about. And if your 7 year old did happen to see it, chances are, that you could tell them it's not a nice word for little people, it's a "mommy and daddy" word.

So pin on pinterest people...and don't mind others. It's a free world and all that good stuff!

2 comments:

dykesz001 said...

Maybe its the mean face on the car? Good points though!

Elisabeth Stone said...

Haha that's funny. I have like 40 boards on Pinterest and go nuts with it all day (perks of an iPod). I never even look at my comments or anything and I pin whatever the hell I want. I don't do it for my followers - I pin for myself. They could all disappear and I wouldn't care lol.

Glad she stuck to her guns. You gotta do stuff for yourself. It's impossible to please ANYone else, let alone everyone else.

XO!