Monday, April 16, 2012

Reading List

I posted in my 22 before 22 that I was going to start a reading list or something like that. I have a bad memory but remember the idea. This blog is going to be my reading list. I don't have very many books for it right now but I'm up for ideas! If you have anything let me know!!

  1. The Happiness Project

  2. Water for Elephants - completed 6/24/12

  3. Heaven is For Real

  4. Women Food and God

  5. Girls in Trucks

  6. I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell

That's it for now. Obviously, I like non-fiction better then fiction. I like to learn about something but every now and then I need to get lost in somebody else's world. I also can tell you that some of the above books are religious sounding. I'm trying to find spirituality and become a better believer. Life isn't perfect for me and I feel like I'm drowning for the most part. I feel that if I find some spirituality I can maybe get my head above water.

I used to read all the time. I became a mama and started college and working all the time and I just quit. I love to read so if I'm really desperate, I'll read a text book because sometimes books are just not on the top of my list of stuff to go buy. Reading is reading, no matter what I read.

What's on your reading list? Do any of these books sound good to you?

Let me know...And All That Good Stuff!

p.s. These books aren't listed in any particular order

3 comments:

Scott said...

I use to read a lot too, but with school I don't get a chance to do it as much. I am a fiction type of guy, so I can be entertained. When I was younger I use to read a lot of biography, but there are not too many people out there right now I want to know about. I think as you get older, you have already decided who or what you want to be, so reading about someone else is not as fun.

Ali said...

Check out "The Gift of Fear and Other Survival Signals that Protect Us From Violence" By Gavin de Becker... It's number one on my list right now.

Missy said...

Those are all good ones to read, I've had most of them recommended to me at one point or another. I wish I had more time to read personally, maybe once I'm done with school. Will keep an eye on this blog for more book ideas.