Friday, June 29, 2012

Being a Girl

Today, was definitely one of the girliest days I've had in a long time. And I loved it! Next time I wont wait as long. I know that doing things I love makes me a happier person, and I need some me time. I feel so much better.

See, I really am a girlie girl at heart. I've wanted to do a current obsessions post for awhile and now it has fallen into my lap. This makes it an even better day!

First though, you might be wondering what made today so great and I'm gonna tell you.

Today, was my g-ma's birthday. And we're really close. I love her so much and I don't think I could ever express my gratitude enough.  I just hope she knows in her heart how  thankful for everything she has done for me. I know I can be a huge irrational, annoying brat at times, she puts up with it. And it's amazing.

So, I called her first thing this morning of course to tell her Happy Bday. She invited me, my munchkin, mi madre, and my seester all to pedicures. And they fucking rocked! It had been so long that I just was in heaven. It was also Tea's first time to get a pedicure. She's only 4. That you should tell you about how spoiled she is. And the best part of all of this was that it was a girls' day, with family. They don't happen very often and it felt great.

I love how she is truly paying attention in this picture

She was so excited!

My sexy toe. No edit. Hahaha, jk I'm really showing off the fabulous design I got.





After a relaxing morning at the nail salon it was time to get a little something to eat. Momma, Munchkin, and G-ma and I all went to ..... (huge build up) McDonalds!!! (huge let down). lol. We knew we were going out to dinner later and they didn't want a lunchable so that's what we did. I was fine with the lunchable since I'm trying to be sort of health concious. lol. I had a snack wrap. It was ok.

Then it was time for one of the best parts of the day...nap time. I can't nap for more than 20 minutes right now. I don't know why it just seems to be some kind of insomnia I'm going through. My mind won't quit racing and finally it does and 20 minutes later I'm awake and I don't know why. It sucks. But, it was quiet time. Ahhhhh. I love it. Teag took a nap for once and I was in heaven. I didn't sleep much but I did just lounge around in my bed. Much needed!!!



I got up and it was time to get ready for a birthday dinner. =). I love special dinners. It doesn't matter if they're at home or out, I love them! We went to Applebee's. Normally I'd have a steak with parmesean and shrimp but I decided to change it up. I had the blackened steak penne. Steak was great....pasta and alfredo SUCKED. I was so disappointed. I never change what I get and now I remember why. Grammy (what teagan calls her) opened her present from us. Her and Tea are closer than she and I are. I got her a book that she could fill out and give it to Teagan when she is older. She liked it. And Tea's excited. So I'm happy. =) Of course they sang happy birthday to her...and she got to be 29! That's exciting. lol.

Then it was time to go to boyfriend's house. I promised I would make him some tacos so I came home and cooked. I'm into cooking right now. I go in phases. lol. It took him forever to get off work and make it home. While I was waiting I decided to do a little cleaning. I felt like real wife. lol. It's his parents house but they are out of town, so we are playing house. He finally got home and ate. Then he did the coolest thing....told me to go and get myself a bottle of wine!! Woot woot. I scored this time. lol. He even paid for it. =).


And that's the perfect girls' day. Hell yes! How relaxing and wonderful. I couldn't be happier.

I said I'd tell you about some of my current obsessions. These things make me smile soooo big. I hope you find something happy in them too!




Source: wookmark.com via Ju on Pinterest


Source: etsy.com via Kelli on Pinterest




I could keep going but then I wouldn't have another current obsessions post to do. There's a litte bit more about me and


All That Good Stuff!

No comments: