Thursday, September 20, 2012

When I Grow Up!

It's Thursday...that means that it's time to link up with Kristen for Inspire Me Healthy/Dream Job today.

All In My Twenties
 
It took me forever to think of a dream job. I tried and tried as soon as they announced what the topic was gonna be. I even read other people's to see if I liked their jobs. Nothing really struck me as a dream job. I'm not one of those people who's known their whole lives what they want to be when they grow up. It kinda sucks but what can you do. A job is most likely for life and that's a big decision to make right? lol. But as I was thinking of it this morning I realized...my dream job is the same thing it was when I was a kindergartener many years ago. You know how in kindergarten they always ask the kids what they want to be when they grow up and publish it in the newspaper? Ok, maybe they don't do that everywhere but they do it here. And I remember clear as day what I wanted to do.
 
 
Yep, I want to be a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader.
For 16 years I've wanted this.
It's never gone away.
Unfortunately for me, I'm not tall enough.
 
But that's my dream job. I admire those girls and everything they do. I'm sure
some of you are laughing your asses off and that's ok because
I am too. lol. My dad is probably getting a kick out of this.
Some things just never change.
 
And I realize that most of these girls have other jobs but if I were a DCC I wouldn't.
I would devote everything to it! lol.
I wonder if they need a watergirl???
 
Well, dream job is out of the way. I guess that leaves my progress on Inspire Me: Healthy. I lost alllll kinds of weight....is what I wish I could tell you guys. Nope, nothing. Remember when I said I wouldn't get mad at myself for backsliding...well....I didn't get mad at myself.
 
I woke up Friday feeling like complete shit. See here. So there was no way I was gonna get my workout on. Nope. Not happening. But I did eat good. I don't mean healthy but my portions were right and I didn't snack all day. But then I went to work. And the only thing that made me feel better and be able to get through the night was Dr. Pepper. Yep, soda. Couldn't cut it out. And the weekend...well she was a bitch and I gave in and ate some really terrible stuff but OMG it tasted so good. I love you Taco Bell. And from there on out it was bad decision after bad decision. But I NEVER had a breadstick from work. It's been a full week and I haven't done it! I am very proud of myself for that. So here's to new beginnings...and starting over. =)
 

 
someecards.com - I wish I could lose weight by just thinking about working out.
 
I'm gonna go find something to eat now!

2 comments:

Erin @ Happily Obsessed said...

LOVE that ecard!! I am in your boat with the diet - life is so hectic right now...I know no excuses but shiz has got to give so I can have time to work out!! Here's to us both getting back on the weight loss bandwagon!

PS. LOVE the DCC!!

Simplyheather said...

Lol wouldn't weight loss be amazing with just the "power of the mind"! OMW, I would love to be a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader too! Anyway, I just found you through the linkup! I hope you have a good day! xoxo


http://heatherfrostx.blogspot.com/