Friday, September 6, 2013

Why I Love Football

Welp, it's the day we've all been waiting for. Friday is finally here. So let down your hair, get comfy and stay awhile!

Last night was the season opener of the best sport ever. Yep, NFL Football. Sorry I'm not sorry that I prefer NFL over college. I just can't get into college sports. Now don't get me wrong, I have a college team that way I can root for them whenever somebody asks, but the big boys are where it's at for me.


Football brings back some awesome memories. And I'd figure I'd share some of them with you today. Because I'm a kind person like that. Just agree with me.

When I was little, my dad was all football every Sunday. And it was magical. He always made some homemade cheese dip and little smokies with his secret awesome barbecue sauce. And it always tasted better than yours. I bet I'm right.

When touchdowns were made by the Cowboys, because ya know, we love them, he would always yell "Touchdown Notre Dame!" At the time I had no clue what in the hell he meant. But I get it now. Gotta love being an adult. The things that you learn to understand.

Then there were Sundays at my grandma's where everybody gathered too. My grandpa loves the Chiefs. Somebody help him. So, if there wasn't a Cowboy game on, we were watching them. Sometimes we'd flip back and forth. Wanna talk about confusing.

Then there was her food. If it was cold, there was the best potato soup I'd ever had the pleasure of eating. And if it was warm, my uncle was outside firing up the grill because duh, that's what America is made of!

Last night, there were a few happy tears when the fireworks started and the fans were screaming. I may not get all the technical stuff about football, but for the most part I understand the game. And I enjoy watching it. Just not every single game on a Sunday. Blake, that's for you if you ever read this.

Football is here. And I can't wait to see what happens! If you need me Sunday, I'll be watching to hope that the Cowboys beat the Giants. Ok, actually I'll be at work but I'll be checking my phone every 5 seconds. Sorry Erin!


Venus Trapped in Mars


linking up with Whitney too!

3 comments:

Venus Trapped In Mars said...

Cowboys Cowboys Cowboys!!!!!

.... and cheese dip. :) :) :)

Jordan said...

One of my favorite parts of football season is all the snacks and good eats! We don't start until Monday but I'm using Sunday as an excuse to whip up some dips and finger foods!

Kakers said...

America's Team!!! So ready!