One of his most favorite bands in the whole world is Korn. I think he knows every song by heart and can sing them backwards if he had to. I was scrolling through my fb feed one day in October and one of my friends had shared that they were touring with Rob Zombie. And they were stopping an hour away from us. So that's what Blake got for our anniversary.
And Wednesday night was the night he'd been waiting for. I'm not gonna lie, I thought I was gonna die. I'm a glitter loving, country music listening, blogger girl. I couldn't imagine what the hell it would be like.
There are some things that you see at rock concerts that you don't see at country music or pop concert. I thought I'd fill you in on some of this.
- Girls dressed like ladies of the night. For real. I just wanted to say "Does your mama know your dressed like that?" But I didn't because they might beat me up.
- Mosh pits. I've been to a rock concert before, but it was years ago. Like before Teagan. I know what a mosh pit is about and the one I saw last night sucked. People were more interested in listening to the bands but some idiot college kids wouldn't give it up.
- Dreads. Lots and lots of dreads. Holy shit I didn't realize how many people had dreads. And ya know, they're kinda hot. I told you that I like dirty looking guys and dreads fit that mold.
- Shirtless dudes. I don't get it. They all got so amped up that they needed to take their shirts off? Really? It was weird.
and last, but certainly not least,
- Boobs. Girls love to flash rockstars. I find it hilarious. There's one girl in particular who had her shirt up for half of the concert. Her tatas were just hanging out and she didn't seem to mind. I mean I don't even think that the rockers care. They see 'em all the time. But you go Boobie Coco. Do you girl.
On a different note though, we had a great time.
My family has decided that I love concerts regardless of what kind of music it is. I get into it. And I enjoyed myself so much more than I thought I would. I've always liked both bands but after last night I like them even more. Both bands had so much energy. I was amazed. Rob kept jumping off the stage and looked like he was having so much fun. And Jonathan Davis, the lead singer of Korn, has an excellent stage presence. He doesn't smile very often but when he did it was so cute! And he played the bag pipes!
Blake was so happy. I've been to 6 cocnerts with him, including this one, and this was him element. I'm glad that I got him a present he could really enjoy. I'm ready to take him to another rock concert. Country just isn't his thing. He goes to support me but this is him.
I'm ready for another one.