Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Life Lately

Well, that life thing sure does just swoop on in and kick ya in the back of the knees sometimes huh. 

Rude. 

Things aren't all butterflies and rainbows for me right now and it really sucks. I've got a lot on my mind and a lot on my heart. 

Some morning it's all I can to get out of bed and make it to work. What doesn't help is that work makes me hate life just a teensy bit more than it should. I love but seriously hate my job anymore. I really didn't want to put this out there but I've re-written this blog post 3 times and every time it's just kinda slipped out of my fingers. I won't be sharing this post on my personal fb. 

I know that if you hate your job you should find a new one. But is it really that easy? All I know is the restaurant industry. And part of me loves it. But part of me wants to have a normal schedule of 8-5. I want to come home and see my kid at night. I want to cook dinner and have a routine. 

I can't decide if I should follow through with the whole pharmacy tech thing. What if I hate it? What if it's super hard and I don't get it? I have so many what ifs and I need to decide what to do by the end of the month. Because if I do go, then I need to stick with OG because well duh, let's not rush out and get a new job and start a new school at the same time. 

Then there's the custody issues we're trying to work out. I can't mention a whole lot about them because we're not close to being finished. However, some of the things that could happen scare the piss out of me. 

I'm not trying to be miserable. It's just a bad time right now. It'll eventually get better....right?


8 comments:

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

i'm sorry you're going through some tough times but my personal opinion even though you never asked for it? i'd say GO FOR IT. change your career. don't be stuck in a job you hate because you're scared to try something different. i always think of this great quote from the amazing Wayne Gretzky: you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. SO TRUE in life. the point is that you are trying/tried and live is too short to live with regrets and whatifs.

-kathy | Vodka and Soda

Stephanie said...

I'm sorry the custody stuff is sucking, I hope it turns out ok :(
I think you should go back to school, I know you hate school but it'll go by fast and it'll be worth it in the end!

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

I really think you should go for it. By the time you worry and stress about it, you will be half way through the program. Looking forward to the future may help with the job too since you will see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Jordan said...

If it's not something you're 100% interested in, it might not be for you. It was so much easier to pick a degree plan when I looked at the course list and thought "hell yeah, that's going to be a fun class." Before, I was considering going into business but when I'd look at the plan I'd get this dreadful feeling in the pit of my stomach. Those classes sounded fucking horrible to me... but now, I'm totally satisfied and eager to pursue this degree instead.

I decided by going through almost every degree being offered by the college I go to and looking at the degree plan class by class. Also, try taking some kind of aptitude test. It'll help point you in the direction that could be best for your interests.

As for work, put yourself out there but keep your job at OG. Whip up a resume and start sending it out. You never know, everyone has to start somewhere.

I am so sorry to hear about the custody stuff. I am wishing you the very best on that but I know it's not an easy thing to go through. Chin up, you're strong and you will pull through this all. <3

Erin said...

i hope things get a little easier real soon! Life can be a damn bitch sometimes!!!

Ashley said...

Hi, I somehow stumbled on your blog. So sorry you're having a tough time lately! I went through this phase of hating my job at the end of 2013 and I swear it felt like it was overtaking my life. I was teaching at college and using my masters degree and KNEW I didn't want to do that with my life. The thought of just walking away and essentially not using my degrees I've worked so hard to get really bothered me. Somehow I stumbled on a new job, dismissed it, my husband ended up sending in my resume and I got the job. It's not the PERFECT job and I'm not 100% content but I am so much happier where I am now.

Hoping you can find something that makes you happy and fulfilled.

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

It WILL get better! Trust me, I've been in the same place. I say go for the pharmacy tech thing... if you end up not liking it, then stop - at least you can say you tried!

Amanda Nicole said...

I'm sorry you're going through a hard time, I can relate. I just recently left my job of 3 years. I was so unhappy there and kept telling myself I'd leave and one day I woke up and knew I couldn't handle walking through those front doors anymore. I ended up finding a job hours later and I actually feel happy.

I think you should absolutely try the pharm tech thing. If you don't like it then you'll at least know that it wasn't what you really wanted and then you can move onto the next best thing. But, maybe you'll love it! I've changed my major a few times and finally I really love what I'm going to school for.

Keep your head up about the custody thing. I really hope it all works out for you! You're a great hard working mom and a wonderful person!