Monday, March 26, 2012

It's Good To Be Back

Ok, I thought I might actually enjoy time away from this blog, but in reality, it wasn't so great. I was so eager to read other people's blogs and for some comments to be made on mine. I'm soooo glad to be back.

I want to talk about happiness. What makes people happy? What makes you happy? Do you ever feel that you're not happy enough??

I've had a feeling creeping upon me lately that I'm unhappy. At first glance in my life people wouldn't be able to see it and they would ask why. I know this. I know everything looks great, but something is missing and I need to fill that void to get back on track to MY happiness.

My is in caps because I care about everybody else's happiness more than my own it seems. If someone I care about isn't happy, I try and fix it. Even if that means making myself suffer. It's just who I am and it feels good at the time. After awhile though, it takes a toll. Being backseated in your own life isn't good for anybody. It can start to leave you feeling unhappy.

Anyway, I want to find my happiness again. I just don't know what to do. I don't really know what's missing, just somethings. One thing for sure is that I don't do enough for me. I want and need to do more for myself. I don't have any hobbies anymore. I hate that!! I'm trying to find a hobby that I could enjoy. A couple ideas I have are photography, running, and this blog-well any blog really. I just can't get started in any of them. I've also started to journal to be happier. Again, this hasn't really gone over well. I've written in it once since I got it last month. It all falls back on being a procrastinator or just plain out lazy.  I don't know which it really is.

So readers, what makes you happy?? Share your ideas because I could end up loving them, and because comments make me reallllyyyyyyyyy happy!

Have a great week and all that good stuff!

4 comments:

Scott said...

I am a social person that loves to be around friends and that makes me happy. Because I do love to be around friends and most them like to run and bike, this gives me the benefit of working out more than I would on my own. It has been well documented when you work out you create endorphins and endorphins make you happier. So for me it is a win win, I work out, I am with friends and I am happier.

C.C. said...

I love this blog. You really do seem to be in a good mood, but only you truly know how happy you are. Like Scott, I like being around my friends and family, but there are other times that I prefer to be alone. With friends I like to go out and make fools of ourselves. With family I like to sit around the house, watch movies, or have a nice dinner. When I feel the need to be alone however, I read or write. You said you have a journal which is a great start. Find something you are passionate in writing about and keep it up. I hope you find that missing piece! :)

Chloe said...

Oh my! Well first I want to say thank you so much!!! You're the first person to tell me that they love my blog and it is really thrilling. I was absolutely blindsighted by that comment!!! Again, thank you.

As for my post, I am happy most of the time. Definietly. I was just sooo grumpy yesterday, that this is what came out. I almost went back and deleted it, because I don't like to be seen as unhappy and I didn't want anybody to think it was their fault. However, I then realized that I should leave it, because someday I'll look back and learn a little more about myself then I already have. When I'm having a bad day, this is usually the thing that goes through my mind. It's always that I don't have a hobby. It's kind of funny looking at it now.

Anonymous said...

I have to say I also enjoy reading this blog :) you asked the question, "what makes you happy?" Well I can honestly say that my relationship with Jesus Christ makes me happy! I was a sinner on my way to Hell when I accepted Jesus as the Savior of my life. I don't have to rely on worldly goods, wealth, hobbies, or anything else to make me happy because God has filled me with a joy that's SO deep! He is the ONLY one that can fill that void... I pray that you will find this joy as I have! Keep up with the blog :)