Tuesday, December 4, 2012

My Food...

It's Tuesday and I feel like death. Missouri weather can't make up it's damn mind on what it's going to be like outside and that really irritates me. Because then I get all sinusy and feel like death. 75 and windy yesterday and when I woke up it was 43 and sunny. I don't mind the cold and I'm glad it came but come on, ease in to it so us sicklies don't get sick!

Tonight the kiddo and I were supposed to be in the Christmas parade for my work but I don't think I want to now. I don't want to sit in the cold for two hours when I already feel like death. And yeah, I feel bad about telling her we were doing it and then not going but I think she's ok with it because I told her that we could put up our Christmas decorations tonight =) And that makes me happy! Side note to all new parents or people who might be parents some day *When you plan on doing something exciting with your kids, don't tell them just incase you back out. It doesn't always end well*

I know that all 4 of you who actually read this of you fabulous readers are dying to know about my crockpopt buffalo chicken macaroni and cheese! I think it turned out pretty good! However, there are things I will change when I make it again.


I started off with this recipe but really modified it to make it my own. 

Ingredients
- Chicken breats
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp ranch dressing
- Parmesan cheese ( I don't know how much I just used whatever looked good)
- Bag of mild cheddar 
- 1 3/4 cup milk 
- More milk as to liking
- Half bottle Frank's Red Hot Wing Sauce
- Chalula (hot sauce) 

You put the chicken breasts, garlic, dressing, 1 3/4 cup milk, wing sauce, and parmesan cheese in the crockpot on high for 3-4 hours or until your chicken falls apart with barely any effort on your part. 
After I shredded the chicken I added my noodles (uncooked of course, this is about easyness) and my cheddar cheese. And more milk. And then some more, and a little bit more. Basically you add it until you think it's the right consistency. I added my hot sauce in at this time to. Then continue to cook it on high until the noodles are tender. Tada! Then stuff your face. 

Pretty easy, like I said. Now for my changes 
- I'm not adding ranch next time
- I'm not using shredded cheese, I'm using velveeta
- More garlic or something of the sort 

It just wasn't cheesy enough for me. My macaroni and cheese has to be super super super cheesy. And I couldn't taste the ranch so basically it was un-needed calories and I think it took some of the spicy away. 

And my last tip...Crockpot liners. Yep, I just went there. Seriously it's like a litter box liner but for your crockpot. The crockpot doesn't ever get dirty. WINNING. 

After dinner it was time for the Christmas parade in the town I live in. It was actually decent and had some pretty neat floats. It was better than the Maple Leaf parade this year! Except for Santa. They had a terrible Santa. He was skinny and you could tell his beard and hair were fake. You could see his black hair poking out. Seriously, in this town we have enough overweight old guys that look like Santa. Pick a better one next year! I'd show you the only picture I took but I don't have my phone cord. Maybe later! 

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I like your version better, I think having to cook the chicken or noodles beforehand ruins the purpose of the crockpot! You have changed my world with crockpot liners. I ordered them and I cannot wait for their arrival!

Jordan said...

Velveeta and garlic own my soul. You can always add more garlic, in my opinion. I'll have to give this a shot! I am not, in any shape way or form, a cook. Crockpot saved my life! :) Thanks for sharing, looks yummy!

Ali said...

hahahaha and this is why I love you! "I just add some until it looks good, then a little more, TADA!"

Whitney Leigh said...

this is my kind of meal. all about the ease. basically if I can't be pinteresting and getting caught up on my shows at the same time, it's too hard.