Monday, December 31, 2012

Personal Resolutions

First of all...this might be a little long. I'm sorry! I need to see this in writing so I can do what I say I will. I'm even going to have this printed and with me at all times. Here we go...

- I'm at my heaviest right now. I will loose weight this year. Yes, I do say this every year, but being at my heaviest, I'm going to do something about it. I'm done with this. I asked for a gym membership for christmas this year and I got one! I will start to exercise. I have to. My goal is to be two sizes smaller by June. That's 6 months. I can do that. That's plenty of time. I'm going to eat better. I'm still going to eat out, I can guarantee it. However, I won't do it as much as I do now. And my choices will be healthier. Yep, sometimes I'll cheat because dammit, a piece of chocolate cake is too hard to resist. My portions will be smaller. Hello kids meals! Plus I get a free toy - Score!

-  I'm going to become more organized. For my daughter and my mind. I'm tired of feeling lost and almost drowning because of our disorganization. I'm going to have monthly,weekly, and daily to do lists. I'll use one of my planners to keep track of this! See, having an addiction to paper/stationary/business supplies is a good thing. My monthly goals will still go up on here. I'll break them down to smaller goals for the week and complete them as a daily goal. Sounds a little confusing but I know what the hell I'm talking about. That's what matters.

Get more financially stable than I am now. Ha!,  I've got a ways to go. I'll miss shopping.
 - Pay half of my credit card off. I would like that to happen by June as well, but November is ok too.
 - Put $30 a month into my savings. I have the money transferred every pay day but sometimes I have to take it back out.

Get my ass in a different vehicle! Or at least make mine cheaper. I'm tired of shit being wrong with my car all the time. If I can pay less for it though, I can save for a down payment on another car. All I've got right now is my trade in value (I'm upside down already) it's not very much.

Do a load of laundry a week. I know that this doesn't sound like much but I hardly ever do laundry. It's terrible I know. It's just so time consuming when you have as much as I do right now. If I could get it all done it wouldn't be that bad.

Buy birthday cards for those close to me at the beginning of each month. My grandma does this and I've always admired it. Who doesn't like mail, especially when it's not a bill. People will feel great and so will I, I love giving people things and I love cards.

Have "me time". That might sound a little selfish, but really it's not. Once a month I will do something by myself for myself that I makes me feel good. Hair, manicure, pedi, shopping trip, who knows! I will get up early enough to have quiet time in the morning. I'm going to follow this schedule for sure. I just don't know if I will add more time to it. =)

Read one book a month. At least. From my book list because someday I'd like to get it done. I'll do another post about it in early January. Who even remembers what I put on that shit.

Family Resolutions

Make a photo book for 2013. I'm going to try and make one of 2012 in the beginning of the year.

Start the little's birthday interview/first day of school book.

 Have a girl's night with mini me once a month. Dinner where ever she picks, then a fun activity for us to do. Sounds great!


1 comment:

Jess said...

That's quite a list! Good thing you have a year to accomplish it all. ;) For the money stuff, I recommend reading the Money Makeover. My husband and I are reading it and following his guidelines now. It's slow going - but everyone I have talked to who has persevered has had wonderful success!