Monday, December 17, 2012

Silence and Support

I started writing this post on Friday night after I got off work and had reflected on all of today's terrible terrible event.

 My heart hurts immensely for those babies lost today. It's not fair at all. those poor innocent children lost teir lives because of some asshole parent. Who can be that...  i don't even know how I want to describe this man because I'm just at a loss for words.

When I read this about tragic event I had a hard time not going to pick up my little from her school and spend the rest of the day with her. Debating all day long about whether or not I should tell her about what happened. I decided that I wouldn't. But then I debated if this was good or bad parenting all day. Ultimately, I still don't know if it was a smart move but I didn't go get her because I just shouldn't have to have her be scared of going to school. She loves school and is so excited for kindergarten And I shouldn't rob her of that joy. Like the children who were at that school had to go through. It's such a tough parenting moment to be in - never knowing if your decision is the right decision for your child, but a decision that you can't take back after it's already been made. 

It's so unfair for those babies. Those poor, sweet innocent little children that just don't understand why. The ones that watched as their peers died around them. The ones who passed and what their poor little minds were wondering why them. They were all so scared. I can't imagine. 

Today I saw in Erin's blog she had a post on how bloggers are going to help. I think it's great and I fully plan on doing what is asked. Here is what is going on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the Blog World and Anyone Else who Wants to Help,

Yesterday, tragedy struck so many of us in ways we did not foresee. An elementary school and small town in Connecticut was shattered by a mass shooting. We knew we wanted to help and we came up with this:




On Tuesday, December 18th, there will be a blogger day of silence. 
We will post the button and that's it. Please try to not post anything else that day if possible.

We are also raising money that will go to an organization in the memory of this tragedy. The organization is called The Newtown Family Youth and Family Services. Here is the official description of the support service we are donating to: 

"Newtown Youth and Family Services, Inc. is a licensed, non-profit, mental health clinic and youth services bureau dedicated to helping children and families achieve their highest potential. NYFS provides programs, services, activities, counseling, support groups and education throughout the Greater Newtown area.

ANY DONATIONS MADE TO NEWTOWN YOUTH AND FAMILY SERVICES WILL BE DONATED DIRECTLY TO THOSE EFFECTED BY THE SANDY HOOK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL SHOOTING."

Please visit THIS PAGE to make your donation.

We can't imagine how they must be feeling, especially this close to the holidays. We would love for you to spread the word on your own blog, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Let's make a difference and use blogging in a positive way. Thank you in advance for participating.

Love,
The Blog World 

p.s. If you would like to, copy-paste and repost any part of this, please do. Share on. 

No comments: