Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Funk

I'm in a blog funk guys. I have so much to write about but at the same time I don't want to write anything. My other social media sites are suffering too. I don't know why but blogging isn't fun right now. It feels like a chore/task and I don't want it to be that way. It makes me really sad to feel this way. I love my readers (if there are any, because lately we've not seen many people) sooo much and I don't want to let you guys down by not being here. But at the same time, I don't want you guys to read my "I couldn't think of anything else blah" half-assed posts. I also haven't been commenting or reading that much either. =(

So, if I'm not around for awhile, or I only post a couple times a week, I'm sorry. I've got some soul searching to do.

I can't find a niche for my  blog and it makes me sad. =( I need something that is me to draw people in and I don't have it. And that's what really seems to be my problem. At least in my head.

I do know that I won't be here tomorrow. Trixie has already told me that she is guest blogging whether or not I want her to and I need to back up. So look forward to that! And Thursday won't be empty either.I'll be here with a goals post. Although, I can't think of any goals as of today.

I think it's more than a blogging funk. It's a life funk. See, my birthday is coming up. Yep, it's my birthday month and every February I start to feel down. I start to feel like I'm getting older and my life isn't what I had planned on it being like. At times, I feel like a loser.

This is really just a shitty feeling down post. Sorry if you read it all. Blah.


3 comments:

Jordan said...

It sounds like you are putting too much pressure on this blog and on yourself. If you feel like this is a chore, I think it's definitely ok to take a step back and breathe. Blogging should be fun, not work! I am so sorry you are feeling this way and wish I could do something to help. You are a great person and I hope you get back in the groove soon.

Beth W said...

*hugs* We ALL go through the blog funk (multiple times), so we understand. Take some time away from it, find what inspires you to write, or makes you excited, and then come back when you're ready. We'll be here.

Also, by the by, finding your niche is all well and good but it isn't a requirement. My blog isn't niche- I post book reviews, product reviews, recipes, crafts, DIY tips, personal stuff...all over the map. Don't let anyone make you feel like your blog doesn't belong or isn't special.

Karrie said...

It's ok to get in a funk. It's also ok to have a life. While I love to read blogs, I read so many that it makes up for the people that take breaks. Know what I mean? Take a bit of a break, and come back when it's fun for you. But your puppy is really cute! Go play with him before he (or she) grows up! Just post pics of the puppy and we will be happy as your readers :)

-karrie