Thursday, May 30, 2013

This Is Country Music

I just got done watching Healing in the Heartland and my heart is so full right now. I can't imagine how I would be feeling if we hadn't gotten the tickets we tried so hard for. I love country music. I love country musicians. I was going to write this post for awhile now, but I have so many posts I need to write so I didn't know when. And today feels right.

Country music is more than "I lost my wife, dog, truck...etc." I know most of you won't believe me, but it really truly is. You're asking what is it then right? Well

Country Music Is
fun
believing 
healing
family
friends
home

Yes, for me, country music is home. My earliest memories of this genre are recording a vhs (remember those) with country videos from CMT at my dad's house. Then dancing around to them with my little sisters. It's a family get together with the radio on. It's a good time. I love my memories of country music. Dancing with my little sisters, Keith, Kenny, Sugarland, Eric, Luke, FLAGA Line, Thompson Square, Eli Young Band, Miranda, Blake and the countless other's I've seen. It's even the classics (at least to me) Johnny, Shania, Trace, King George, Brooks and Dunn,Garth, Dolly, Reba and more. This article talks about what country music is and how it started. 







*all quotes from here, click to see more*

I can't imagine not being a country fan. These artists are so down to earth. They are humble and proud. The music is more than partying, sex, and drugs. Although, there is some of that, you'll get more. I can't even put into words what I'm thinking. I just want you to give it a chance. And please, for the sake of country music, don't try and listen to Taylor Swift, that's not country. Listen to a song as you're sitting outside on a warm summer night. Listen to the words and how they probably fit exactly what you're doing/thinking/feeling right at the moment. I mean one of the most popular blogger shows right now is about country music. Yeah, Nashville is more drama than I like to think of when I hear my jams, but it really is about country music deep down. Basically what I'm saying is...I wouldn't be me if I didn't have country music. I love it. Yep. That's it cupcakes. Love it!

2 comments:

Jordan said...

I grew up hating country music, which is weird as I am from Texas. BUT as I got older, I liked it and then fell downright in love with it.

Brandy said...

Country is deep rooted into my soul. I also remember going to sleep to it when I was little. We would sleep with the TV on, but it was on CMT & it was music videos. My very first concert was Billy Ray Cyrus (and I'm not ashamed to say that...I also don't remember it--I was 4) lol
I will alwaysss love it. It really is SO genuine and truthful and provides the soundtrack to so many good times. Ugh, amazing.
I missed the OK Concert last night, I need to search for a replay.