Thursday, September 12, 2013

Listen to My Life

Music...I'm pretty sure we all love it. And if you don't, well what the fuck?

I've done a few music posts before. I think you all know how I feel about Katy Perry and Taylor Swift. Music is one of my favorite things. So when Helene announced that she was hosting a "Songs That Define Me" link up, I was all in.

That was before I realized how hard it was. Like, I just wanna bust out all my favorite songs on here, but they don't all define me. And I can't even remember half of the songs I think define me. How in the hell do you define yourself at 22 years old anyway? But, I'm gonna give it a try. Ready or not, here we go.

I know I've told you the story about the song bitch by Meredith Brooks before. I just think it's hilarious. And if anything defines me, it's definitely this song. And not just because I'm a bitch, because she admits to being more than that.



Another song that little me loved was "I like it, I love it." by Tim McGraw. And I honestly had no idea who sung that until just now. I'd walk around singing just the chorus. I don't think I even know any of the other words. 



Then we have the Spice Girls, do you think I'd leave them off! I know that it's not really a song but anything by them was my jam. I just couldn't help it!





Then there was the late 90's pop music boom. I still cry when I see Britney or N*SYNC. I used to put on concerts in my bedroom to their music when i was about 8 or 9. My neighbors could always see me. I didn't know that then, but now I'm embarrassed. Thank the lawsss that they've since moved. I was obsessed. Sorry kids, but you have shitty pop music now. Nothing will ever take Britney's place. And your boy bands. PUHLEAASE!




Then I decided to live the thug life. I didn't choose the thug life, the thug life chose me. And my mom wanted to kill me. I'm pretty sure of it. But she never said a word. I listened to the most thug stuff I could get my hands on. It was terrible. But I also loved me some Nelly. I mean, he's from Missouri so of course I have to rep him!



This post is already getting to long. So I'm gonna skip a lot of years. But I have to. Maybe some other day I can tell you all about the music of my teenage rebellion. I bet it's similiar to yours. And if it isn't...I wouldn't be surprised either. I'm a freak. 

When I had Teagan, my friend Elle made a dvd for me. It had all the pictures she had taken the day she was born. It was set to the song Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles. Now every time I hear it, I cry. This is definitely one of the most defining songs of my life. 



I'm gonna stop here for today. I'll have a part two tomorrow. =) Peace out kids. I gotta do some laundry. Have a great Thirsty Thursday. Drink some for me.


Helene in Between

5 comments:

Jordan said...

LOVE this. The NSYNC and Britney songs will always be a part of me. I also had a "thug" phase and I'll be honest, I still listen to rap like nobody's business. I just don't flaunt it like I used to with a big ass sound system! (I can't believe I used to be this ghetto) Love love love the song for Teagan!

Helene said...

ohhh yeah all of these pretty much are my jams. britney, nelly, nsync. just can't get enough. thanks for linking up!

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

I love that you included the spice girls hahaha

Unknown said...

I love Hear Comes The Sun! The Beatles are amazing and I love that song, should have listed it in my songs too!
Love your blog.
Gi
xx

Jamie Hart said...

OMG! I completely forgot about Bitch! That just took me back A LOT of years! Thanks for that!

ugottahavehart.blogspot.com