We all know I love country music. This partially is because I love music in general. So I always watch music award shows. Some are stupid. Others are great. Like all the country ones duh.
So let's start with things that made me think "Oh hell yeah!"
- Of course it starts with Luke. I mean seriously that red leather jacket he was wearing during the This is How We Roll performance....mmmm. And then during his performance of my most favorite song ever he had on a shiny vest. I bet his wife dresses him. Whoever it is makes him look good! And he won best country artist because he is the best.
- I'm not a Carrie Underwood fan. But that dress she was wearing last night was on point. She looked awesome. I could have done without the belt but who cares when you look that hot already.
- Kesha had her first appearance since she left rehab. I love her. I think she could teach me a thing or two about life. I know everybody judges her from her music persona, but if you watch her show on MTV she's really a great person who just wants happiness for everybody.
- John Legend...wow. Just wow. I want him to write sweet songs about me all the time. Chrissy is a lucky bitch. And that voice. Smooth as a baby's ass. Mr. Legend, if you happen to be reading this hit up my fiance and teach him your ways to write beautiful songs about me please!
- Miranda and Carrie performed and they were bad asses. I wouldn't fuck with either of them. I'm not a huge Carrie fan but I love love love Miranda and I've always thought she was a bad ass. Together though, they can rock a show. Now that was my idea first so if they decide to tour together I should get royalties right?
- Lorde is such a humble person. Her speeches were just perfect and it isn't fake like T. Swift. She's so mysterious to me though. I bet she has a lot of secrets hiding under those weird ass clothes.
Next up things that make me go "Hmmmm..."
- Ricky Martin. Just give it up bro. It's not the same without Livin' La Vida Loca. It won't ever be the same. I'm older and I get things now. You're not the same guy you were back when I was 8 or 9. It's not me, it's you.
- Why in the hell are all the celebrities younger than me now? I'm not even that damn old! They sure make me feel old though. I didn't know who anybody was. Like that one boy band...what? who? I don't even remember their name. I didn't know half of the kids there. I feel like an old lady. I just don't like them being younger than me. I don't want to grow up please.
- Miranda and Carrie's song. I'm not sure about it yet. There weren't really a lot of words and what little words they sang they repeated over and over again. I'm sure that once I hear it a couple of time I'll be all over it. I'm flaky like that.
- Lorde's hair. Somebody help homegirl out please! I don't know what adult person would think her hairstyle was good. It looked dirty. Bring back the curls. I love the curls.
All in all, it was a good show. It got a little bit more country than I expected but I'm sure as hell not complaining!
What were your thoughts about it? Anything you absolutely adored or down right hated?