Monday, October 20, 2014

Less Irritation

** I got this razor free to test and review, but all opinions are my own.**

Let me let you in on a little secret, I hate to shave. I know, you're thinking that's not a secret, all women hate to shave. But no, I hate it more than most others. I can promise you that.

Want proof? Well, I'm not going to show you because I don't want to scare you away. But you can ask the lovely fiance, or any family member honestly.

I remember being a young (cough I'm still young cough) girl and just wanting to shave my legs so bad. I begged and begged my mom. She finally said yes. So I grabbed the big girl items, a razor and some shaving cream, sat down on the side of our bath tub, put my legs up and lathered the cream on, then went to town. I thought to myself "Shaving isn't that bad! Why do ladies always grump about this? I love it!!! I'm an adult yay!!!" And then I proceeded to shave in some wiggly form of a line, missing spots and not even caring.

 Until I looked up and saw there was blood on my leg. BLOOD!!! Ahhhh. I'm squeamish when it comes to blood so a little freaking out ensued. I searched high and low for where I cut myself. And then I found it. I had managed to cut my thumb. The top of my thumb at that. How in the hell did that happen? I'll never know. I sure as hell wasn't shaving my fingers! Ever since that day, shaving has been a form of cruel and unusual punishment.

I can't tell you how long it's even been since my legs were shaved last. What's even worse is how Blake feels about it. That poor poor man. He loves a freshly shaved leg. He thinks the silkiness is so nice. And I, the woman he decided he wants to marry - to be with forever - hasn't shaved since the beginning of the year at least. He begs and sometimes I oblige. Or I'll tell him sure babe, I'll shave, and never get around to it. But he never says a word, just goes on living a life of hairy legs rubbing up against him.

Side note, my legs don't look that bad. For some reason my hair doesn't get dark. It's just a bunch of long blonde soft hairs. When I do shave, I have a razor that I love. I like the Bic Soleils. I don't have a reason why, other than I just do. I've used a couple Venus razors here and there, but I haven't found one I love.

I have really sensitive skin and I ALWAYS get razor burn on my legs. It may not be razor burn exactly but there are always little red bumbs. So when Influnester contacted me about the new Venus Embrace Sensitive I was a little hesitant. But hey, if I can find something to make my man happy and that makes me want to shave more often, then why the hell wouldn't I take that opportunity?


I like it. I really do. My legs aren't all red and bumpy like they normally are after I shave.There are strips of aloe above and below the blades to ease irritation. It's a really nice razor. I feel I get a closer shave with my Soleil does but not having razor burn is a big freaking deal! And it feels nice to have shaved legs. I don't know if having this razor will make me shave more, but at least I know if I do shave my razor burn won't be so bad.

Do you get razor burn? What do you do to stop razor burn from happening?

1 comment:

Brian Switzer said...

Reward yourself for shaving by having blake rub lotion on your legs after you do so. You get a positive reaction to shaving instead of your negative ones. And ne gets to play with your silky smooth legs.