Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Birthday To...

Happy My Birthday guys! I have to work today. Woof. So I left you in the very capable hands of one of my favorite bloggers Jordan from Musings of a Twenty Something! She has a great surprise in store for you today!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know you are expecting to hear a Happy Valentine's Day but today isn't just about love or chocolate or flowers (wait, it can be about chocolate...) because it's the fabulous Chloe's and my birthdays! And obviously that is more important.

When Chloe suggested we guest post for one another because we're birthday twinkies I got really excited! We met through this blogworld we've all grown to love and as we've gotten to know each other better, I've realized we have a lot in common.

Exhibit A:

We both have significant others in our lives who are of a different religion. It's an interesting journey, to say the least, and it was nice being able to vent trade stories regarding this unique circumstance. Obviously, they're both great guys but sometimes it's hard coming from different religious backgrounds. Regardless, we love them and they love us and that is what matters. Meet Blake and Dereck, the men who aren't afraid to call us on our bullshit and actually know how (or at least try really hard) to make us happy.


Exhibit B:

We both hate don't get Taylor Swift aka Tswift aka TSTFUPLZ. Look, #1) she is not a real country singer and #2) her songs get stuck in my head for days on end and it drives me crazy. Her songs are catchy as hell but seriously? She needs to drop the good girl act already because she's dated a plethora of guys over the past few years and then whined about them through her songs. Is this a genius way to become rich? Absolutely! Does it make sense that people still view her as an angel? Hell no. I just don't get it! Also: Dear Grammy People, I don't give a rat's ass about Taylor's reaction to every.single.thing. Please just focus on what's going on up on the stage or at least show us someone else. With Love, Jordan. And Everyone else in the world.


I rest my case.


Exhibit C:

We are both sassy. Fiery. Edgy. Cut through the bullshit, what you see is what you get, take it or leave type women. The first time I really we'd be friends was when she shared her OIL (Over It List) and included some things that I still love: chevron and "cray." (I actually don't think I own anything with chevron... shit. That just makes me even less of a blogger.) BUT we decided we could still be friends because #1 on that list is Taylor Swift and we bonded quickly over that one. We also aren't afraid to get down to the nitty gritty. Sometimes life gets tough and it isn't always rainbows and butterflies. Chloe shared her experience with deciding to see a doctor during a rough time in her life and I shared my experience with anxiety.

We also both really enjoy anything with carbs. This is one we try not to discuss so much because we're too busy trying to forget that little fact and get our asses to work out instead but this is about what we have in common and I know we both share a love for carbs! (Who doesn't really?)

Meeting and befriending Chloe has made me appreciate this blogworld on a different level. When I first started blogging, I never in a million years thought I'd make friends. I did it to write and to create what has basically become an online scrapbook of my life; basically I wanted a larger space than 140 characters. The support and encouragement I've found here has been something else.

Happy birthday Chloe. You are fabulous and I hope you have/had a badass birthday!

P.S. Hope it didn't get too cray.


1 comment:

Erin @ Happily Obsessed said...

Happpyyyyy Biiirrrttthhhddaaayyyy!!!!

Hope you have a fab day!!

xoxo