Wednesday, July 31, 2013

One Year

I have like 35644 things I want to blog about right now. That's totally overwhelming but I want to blog. Kinda.

A year ago, I wrote this post. I never mentioned directly that it was my Auntie who had breast cancer, but I might have mentioned it later on.

A year ago today she was diagnosed with breast cancer. And now, a year later, she has officially been cleared as healthy and can go back to work and live her life!

She's been through two separate mastectomies, days of feeling like shit, tears, happiness, relief, laughter, chemo, and radiation. And now, she is done.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared in the beginning. But as time has gone on I've become less scared.

I'm so proud of her. Proud of how well she handled herself, proud of how well she acted. She was never a "victim". She was always a fighter. She didn't really live her life any differently than she did before, but there was a lot more fun. We all realized that we need to be around each other more.

I mean it when I say she's my hero. There aren't words that explain how I feel. Too bad you can't describe feelings.

Here's to my hero, my auntie, my inspiration.




4 comments:

Erin said...

your aunt sounds amazing and I am so glad to hear she is doing well!

Katie said...

aw so glad for your aunt!

Monica @ The Empty Teacups said...

Yay! That is awesome news! Love the matching tattoos. My aunt was just cleared of stage IV ovarian cancer after fighting through intense chemo and radiation for a year. It's a great feeling.

Unknown said...

WOOOOHOOOOO!