Friday, July 12, 2013

Take Me Back To Yesterday

Once upon a time I was an easily influenced little diva child. Not much has changed. I'm still little and I act like a child. I can even be a diva if I need to. And as a little diva child, I had diva music that I absolutely loved. It made me the little "adult" that I am now. I thought for #backthatazzup Friday I would give you some of my favorite songs during my childhood. And yes, they'll be all pop top 40 songs. I didn't have good taste then or now. Whatever. I have great taste now.



1. Wannabe - Spice Girls
As a kid, this was my jam. I loved the shit out of the Spice Girls. My friends and I would watch the movie and each be a spice girl. Back then I was convinced I was a "good girl" and wanted to be Baby Spice. Now, this songs comes on when I'm drunk and I pull the typical drunk girl "I LOVE THIS SONG. This is MY song!" And I want to be Ginger Spice please and thank you.



2. My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion
By now I'm sure you know of my obbsessiveness over anything Titanic related. If not, well I love this movie and I'd watch it everyday if anybody would let me. When I was little and Titanic came out, I loved it. And since it had a theme song of course I loved it too. I'd lose my shit over this song. Great taste!



3. Bitch - Meredith Brooks
I mean I didn't know exactly what a bitch was at 3 but whatever. I was at my great grandmas' house with my mom and grandma. Somebody called me a human being (or something like that. I don't remember and my mom won't text me back. THANKS MOM.) and I replied, I'm not a human being. My gma asked what I was and I said "I'm a bitch." They loved that. Not. I find it hilarious. I'm proud of myself for knowing these things at a young age.


4. Baby One More Time - Britney
UmmmDuh! Point me in the direction of a girl from 6-13 who didn't love Britney and every song she sang and I'll point you in the direction of a liar. Britney was my best friend. I don't even have words for how I felt about her. Her first cd is burned into my brain for the rest of time. I could make this list much longer but for the sake of not making you read a lot just consider every song of hers on here.

...Baby One More Time by Britney Spears on Grooveshark

Remember when our girl looked like this?? 


5.It's Gonna Be Me - N*SYNC
Yep, I was an N*SYNC girl. Back Street Boys? pshhh. They had nothing on Justin and his crew. But I wasn't a Justin lover. I was more of a Lance Bass kinda girl. Always and forever. And then there was Justin And Britney together. I died and went to heaven. My two favorites were together and my hope for mankind was at an all time high.




6. Waterfalls - TLC 
I was little when this song came out. Like before kindergarten. But I loved it. I don't know why. There's a super embarrassing story about this song but it's so embarrassing I'm not even going to tell you. Just know you'd die. For days. 




What were some of your favorite songs? Don't be ashamed, I wanna know!


6 comments:

Jordan said...

Damn girl you took it BACK today! So many awesome memories to these songs. We apparently had the same taste in music as kids!

lil desiqua said...

Omg-- these were all my faves as a kid (and now... haha). Especially Meredith Brooks! I think the only one I would have to add would be "Ironic" by Alanis Morissette. Oh, and "Blue" by Eiffel 65- that was my jam!!

Stephanie said...

Haha ohhh yes to all of these! Except celine dion because my dad made me learn that song on the piano and it made me despise it. But the rest, loved and STILL do. Listen to regularly :) No shame.

Brandy said...

YES! To ALL of those! And, I'm like Stephanie, I still listen to them & also have no shame over it.
:)
Hmm,...a couple others of mine were/ARE:
Savage Garden- Truly Madly Deeply
BoyzIIMen- I'll Make Love To You
Backstreet Boys- If You Want It To Be Good Girl (Get Yourself A Bad Boy)
Marcy Playground- Sex and Candy
Five- It's The Things You Do
Jackyl- Back Off Brother

I mean...that's not even remotely close to scratching the surface, at all. I could go on for daaayyyss.
I LOVE seeing these posts on Friday.

I was also ALWAYS Baby Spice. ;)

Jessa said...

First and foremost: Britney is my bestie. I will forever and ever love her more than life itself. She is my idol. I hate to sound dramatic, but no lie.

Next, my bestfriend growing up and I would make up our own dances to Spice Girls songs. We performed quite a few in talent shows. She was baby spice, I was sporty spice. It was true at the time. She was a princess and I was a tomboy. I never turn off the Spice Girls! Good choices!

Beth W said...

Yeah....I was 13 when Waterfalls came out. Ugh, I feel OLD! :P
I did groove along to all of these. Yay! Thanks for inspiring some chair dancing at work!